By accessing Ojisu.com, and/or creating an account on Ojisu.com, you agree not to use Host Family information for external party use or disclose any of this information to external parties. This information includes Host Family pictures and all other information on Host Family profiles. If it is discovered that you are engaging in this behavior, legal action may be taken against you. This is to protect the privacy of our Host Families and their personal information
Last Updated Date: 02/12/2017
Ojisu respects copyright law and expects its users to do the same. It is Ojisu's policy to terminate, in appropriate circumstances, the Ojisu Accounts of Members or other account holders who repeatedly infringe or who are believed to be repeatedly infringing the rights of copyright holders. .
1. Information that you submit to Ojisu.com
We receive, store, and process any information that you make available to us when accessing or using our Platform and Services. For example:
Ojisu collects your banking information solely for the purpose of generate and distribute Homestay Fees/Stipends. This information will never be shared with any external parties.
Ojisu collects your Social Security information solely for the purpose of taxation and criminal background checks. This information will never be shared with any external parties.
2. Mobile Data
When you use certain features of the Platform, we may receive, store and process different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Platform or specific features of the platform).
3. Log Data
We may also receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Platform, regardless of whether you are registered with Ojisu or logged in to your Ojisu account, such as your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Platform, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
4. Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, we do not change our practices in response to a "Do Not Track" signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application. We track your activities if you click on advertisements for Ojisu services on third party platforms such as search engines and social networks, and may use analytics to track what you do in response to those advertisements.
Third parties may not collect information about users' online activities on the Platform except as described in this policy.
5. Third-party social plugins
Our Platform may use social plugins, which are provided and operated by third-party companies, such as Facebook's Like Button.
We use, store and process Information about you for the following general purposes:
1) to enable you to access and use the Platform;
2) to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Platform, Ojisu's business, and our users' experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwise customize your experience, and for advertising and marketing;
3) to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Platform and Services, such as fraud detection and prevention, conducting investigations and risk assessments, verifying the address of your listings, verifying any identifications provided by you, and conducting checks against databases such as public government databases;
4) to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
5) where we have your consent, to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about Ojisu or general promotions for partner campaigns and services. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications in your settings (in the "Account" section) when you login to your Ojisu account;
6) to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Ojisu or our business partners;
7) to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
We may, either directly or through third party companies and individuals who we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, or analyze your communications with other users exchanged via the Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes.
We may also scan, review or analyze messages for research and product development purposes to help make search, booking and user communications more efficient and effective, as well as to debug, improve and expand product offerings.
We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications for sending third party marketing messages to you. We will also not sell these reviews or analyses of communications to third parties. We will also use automated methods to carry out these reviews or analyses where reasonably possible. However, from time to time we may have to manually review some communications.
By using the Platform, you consent that Ojisu, in its sole discretion, may, either directly or through third party companies and individuals we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, analyze, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
Personal Information Disclosure
We may transfer, store, use and process your information, including any personal information. Please note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and so the privacy laws applicable to the places where your information is transferred to or stored, used or processed in, may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed as follows:
1) Parts of your public profile page that contain some personal information may be displayed in other parts of the Platform to other users for marketing purposes or to the extent necessary to operate and manage referral and rewards programs.
2) Your public listing page will always include some minimum information such as the city and neighborhood where the accommodation is located, your listing description, your calendar availability, your public profile photo and your responsiveness in replying to Students' queries. Your public listing page may also include aggregated demand information (such as number of page views over a period of time). Parts of your public listing page may be displayed in other parts of the Platform to other users for marketing purposes. The Platform may also display the accommodation's approximate geographic location on a map, such that a user can see the general area of the accommodation.
3) The Platform allows your public profile and public listing pages to be included in search engines, in which case your public profile and public listing pages will be indexed by search engines and may be published as search results. We do not control the practices of third-party search engines, and they may use caches containing outdated information, including any information indexed by the search engine before you change your settings or the information on your public profile or public Listing pages.
4) When your request to book an accommodation is accepted by the Host Family or when you accept a Student's request to book your accommodation, we will disclose some of your personal information to the Host Family or Student. However, your billing and payout information will never be shared with another user.
5) We may distribute parts of the Platform (including your listing) for display on sites operated by Ojisu's business partners and affiliates, using technologies such as HTML widgets. If and when your listings are displayed on a partner's site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
7) You acknowledge, consent and agree that Ojisu may access, preserve and disclose your account information and collective content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) respond to claims asserted against Ojisu; (b) to comply with legal process(for example, subpoenas and warrants); (c) to enforce and administer our agreements with users; (d) for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, customer support, product development and de-bugging purposes; or (e) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Ojisu, its users or members of the public. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify users about law enforcement requests for their data unless providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law; or based on information supplied by law enforcement, we, in our sole discretion, believe: (a) that providing notice could create a risk of injury or death to an individual or group of individuals, (b) that the case involves potential harm to minors, or (c) that harm or fraud could be directed to Ojisu, its members, the Platform, or Services.
8) We may also publish, disclose and use Aggregated Information and non-personal information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
Secure Your Personal Information
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your transmissions to us and of your personal information that we store.
Ojisu uses "cookies" in conjunction with the Platform to obtain information. Your browser may allow you to set how it handles cookies, such as declining all cookies or prompting you to decide whether to accept each cookie. But please note that some parts of the Platform may not work as intended or may not work at all without cookies.
1) Ojisu cookies and third party cookies
2) Other technologies
The Platform may also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons and tracking URLs to obtain Log Data about users. We may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in our messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.
3) Uses for Ojisu cookies
a) to enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of the Platform across different web pages and browser sessions.
b) to simplify your access to and use of the Platform and make it more seamless.
c) to monitor and analyze the performance, operation and effectiveness of the Platform, so that we can improve and optimize it.
d) to show you content (which may include advertisements) that is more relevant to you.
4) Uses for third party cookies
5) Disabling Cookies
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser's toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the Platform. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies.